Another Vaillant Turbomax no heating!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently moved into a house which contains a Vaillant turbomax combi. System was installed 3 years ago. The heating and hot water have been working fine until today!! I've set the timer for the heating to come on at 5pm which it did, rooms all nice a warm, then at 6pm I noticed the heating had switched off, which it wasn't due to until 8:30pm. I've checked the system, the clock, hot water is fine, but not heating. There is a switch to have the heating on all the time, tried that, nothing.

Would welcome any help/advice.

Sponsored Links
hi sime10,

its the turbomax 242 according to the log book. clock is mechaincal.

It sounds like it could need a replacment time clock but I couldn't be 100%

Sponsored Links
Try selecting heating,

press the "i" and "+" buttons simultaneously, the display will show "d.0" use the "+" button to scroll to "d35". what is now displayed when you press the "i" button
o= heating
1= hot water

If its showing "1" the problem is the diverter valve

Guys,

Thank you for your replys. Managed to sort the problem after caryying out some investigations. Turned out to be the Room Thermostat, out of all things!!

Some one left the thermostat under the table lamp hence it was reading the temp from the light, and then switched off the heating system as it thought the room was too HOT!! :oops: (I blame the misses) should never had switched on the table lamp!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back