New to The site, the great site it is...Torbeck valve :roll:

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:rolleyes: i bought a toilet.... dual flush system (ex stock for a plumbing shop i clean 4 hours a week... Graham) with a Torbeck valve..... which lets by.. i took it apart and found the diaphragm was round the wrong way.. popped it back together and the stop doesnt rise in the water... any ideas anyone? thanks

Sponsored Links
Torbec valves are strange, when you first use a new one they seem to let bye initially but then they suddenly stop. It's as though they need wetting fully both sides of the diaphragm. As I'm sure you know they allow small amount of water past through a weep hole in order to harness the mains pressure to shut itself off.

You'll have to keep trying or do what I would have to do as I just have to get the job done, go and get another.

when i lift the cock it still seems to weep past ... i squeeze the thin rubber and it still blows up like a balloon with the water... i may go and attack one of the display models :evil:

They work on equilibrium pressure each side of the diaphram keep playing around with it in place.
P

Sponsored Links
it seems to weep past the needle too... sitting here listening to the wonderful hissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss of water... gonna go switch it off in a minute... have cut a piece of copper pipe just the right size to lift the ball :D

and if you really want a laugh..... now the cold tap in the bathroom isnt working... seemed not to work just after fitting the toilet... i dont mean low pressure i mean NO PRESSURE oh wat a wonderful week this has been! :mad: :confused: :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back