Vaillant -- Should i buy any spare parts?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a 2 year old Vaillant Turbomax plus 837E all ok so far.
I see the odd Spare parts pop up on E-bay .Is there any parts that commonly fail on The Turbomax Plus that should be looking to keep as spares.
The pump and diverter valve around half price
Or just buy them as they fail

thanks nyck

Sponsored Links
You pays your money and takes your chance.

I do see your point in that you won't have to wait for parts if your boiler breaks down all of a sudden as well as the cost saving

I'm not telling you what to do. This is just my opinion. I would save the money and get some interest on it. You should still be able to get the parts when it starts acting up.

If you are insistant on pre-empting your first boiler breakdown then just buy the Diverter Valve. Pumps and fans usually get noisy before they fail and IMO don't go wrong as often as the DV on Vaillants

diverter valves seem to be a weak point on modern vaillants, yes

but where do you stop ?

spare pcb in anticipation of the rectifier in the gas valve loom going short circuit and killing the pcb ... and a new pcb - GV cable ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back