Potterton EP2001

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello 1st time I've used this site, so please bear with me. Want to see if anyone has any answers for me before I shell out loads of money!

I have a Potterton EP2001 boiler system. My water heats up no problem, but my heating won't kick in, even though on the programmer it says its on. I noticed last year that if my heating was up too high, the pump would have buzzing noises come from it. I recently turned on my heating and all was working well, but after a few days the buzzing noises are back!!! I've had this system since new (roughly 13 years) Last year when this happened a slight knock with a hammer on the pump would get it running again, I'm not so lucky this year! Anyone know what I can do to get my heating working again? I'm freezing here!!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Have a look in the airing cupboard or where the pump is located. Is there a valve(s) connected on the copper pipework after the pump? If you have a fully pumped system and i assume it's been ok on hot water, i'd suspect the diverter valve and or motor inside.

Sponsored Links
Hello Gas2Air

Thanks for replying!

The pump is attached to copper piping by a t pipe. Can you tell me what to do? Can I just point out I'm a woman and don't have a clue about anything like this, so simple instructions would really help as to what I can do to get this working again.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back