Alpha

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
does anyone fit Alphas. if so what are they like to fit , fix if necessary.cb 33.

Sponsored Links
Only fitted 2 cb28x, worked on plenty cb 33, pretty straight forward. Many flue options with notes. What's the problem?

Any reason? I prefer Vaillant or Worcester personally but....

Like i say i've been to many a cb33 well any Alpha, on this one the especially the water pressure switch gets gunked up quick. So a proper flush is req. Straight forward fitting, don't know if it has a mounting bracket to pre plumb though, can have vertical flue however, kits available.

Sponsored Links
I have to declare interest, am local repair agent.

Yes low pressure sensor needs cleaning periodically if system water is poor, true we just change them but you would get away with a clean.

Present dhw flow switches are fine, they weren't always.

diaphragm in diverter valve no bigger problem than any other boiler with same.

Bulletproof use of gas valve by pcb. Innovative pump proving technique (senses speed of change of thermisters) and fan proving by pcb/aps (starts it stops it to prove aps, starts it again). Basically it isn't in the individual components it is in how the pcb of the boiler gathers information and sends out signals that causes it to make good of for example a gas valve that another manufacturer has failed to get reliability from.

For fitting, at the moment the pipes you join onto can go up the wall behind the boiler or down as convension, but in all honesty they are a little tricky and all manufacturers joints underneath need a nip up when installing. The built in filling loop's nut where at the return pipe end is obstructed by the bent pipe from the system water Dyson style filter (a major good feature not on any other boiler I can think of, though I still fit a magnaclean aswell, but I think the perfect part would be this cyclonic filter with a nib magnet in the sump).

At the moment you get a remote control hellicopter which sells on eBay for £100.

Easy enough to problem solve and repair, except for the jumbled pipework underneath but then you have the benefit of this filter which is the cause of that and your filling loop is tucked away neatly. It's also a quality filling loop I only have one in stock and they are seldom ever changed by anyone, is what I was told when I asked why I only had one.

As for boilers with jiggs, I hate them. I like my pipework to be straight, haven't found a manufacturers jig that you didn't need a crowbar for.

As for boilers with jiggs, I hate them. I like my pipework to be straight, haven't found a manufacturers jig that you didn't need a crowbar for.

don't fit a baxi platinum then :evil: :evil:

you will need a bigger crowbar the jig is made from recycled bean cans :LOL:

Yes corgiman early and late, just got home. Such a sad git, everyone gone to bed so after all day on heating get home talk about heating on web.What an anorach?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back