soil stacks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am installing a downstairs toilet in my extension. I have run a soil pipe down the side of the house to the sewer but becuase it is such a long run (about 15m) and due to the slope of the ground, it gets very close to the surface at its highest point, just a couple of inches below. Is this ok? I intend to cast a concrete path down the side of the path later which should protect it.

Also, if the toilet (with basin Teed in) pipe comes horizontally out the wall, do i simply connect it to the soil pipe with a couple of elbows? or do i have to use one of those large radius bends? If this is the case, there isnt enough height difference to accomodate this. What should i do?

thanks

Sponsored Links
quote="browfish"]I am installing a downstairs toilet in my extension. I have run a soil pipe down the side of the house to the sewer but becuase it is such a long run (about 15m) and due to the slope of the ground, it gets very close to the surface at its highest point, just a couple of inches below. Is this ok? I intend to cast a concrete path down the side of the path later which should protect it.

Also, if the toilet (with basin Teed in) pipe comes horizontally out the wall, do i simply connect it to the soil pipe with a couple of elbows? or do i have to use one of those large radius bends? If this is the case, there isnt enough height difference to accomodate this. What should i do?

thanks[/quote
You are probably the only person in the world who knows what you are talking about.
What get`s closest to the surface? you can`t just bang in a soil stack & tie in all sorts of appliances, lengths, gradients, number of appliances & all sorts have to be taken into consideration. Another short cut merchant who will be shocked after doing it all himself & finding out his house always smells of sH**it.

browfish said:
Is this ok?
What should i do?
No. Bamber is right.

Also, bearing in mind that your proposed work is subject to Building Control, the best person to ask your questions of is your LABCO.

Sponsored Links
Softus said:
browfish said:
Is this ok?
What should i do?
No. Bamber is right.

Also, bearing in mind that your proposed work is subject to Building Control, the best person to ask your questions of is your LABCO.

OOOh yeeah Don`t forget to inform building control because if ya don`t ya might be in trouble, this from a software nerd , part time plumber,jeezus these comedians aren`t even friggin` regulated..go figure ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back