Is this boiler up to the job?

RMS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Quick question regarding combi boilers.

Is a Wouster Greenstar 28i junior adequate for a 5 bedromed house over 3 levels. Total rads in the property is 8 but with scope to add 3 rads in the near future. The property contains 1 bathroom with shower?

If the answer is no then can anyone recommend a boiler that will be suffice for the job.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
RMS said:
Hi all,

Quick question regarding combi boilers.

Is a Wouster Greenstar 28i junior adequate for a 5 bedromed house over 3 levels. Total rads in the property is 8 but with scope to add 3 rads in the near future. The property contains 1 bathroom with shower?

If the answer is no then can anyone recommend a boiler that will be suffice for the job.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Most of the time installers oversize the boiler when fitting because they can`t be bothered to actually measure your room size or take into consideration all the other factors needed to save you wasting energy. Without checking on the kilowatt range of your boiler ( haven`t fitted one for yonks) I would think that your boiler will cope quite ok with 8 rads, the question is how big are the rooms & sizes /kilowatts of the rads

Most 28kw combis are 24kw for heating which is a good thing because my 6 bedreoom house manages perfectly OK with a 11kw boiler.

Any combi will heat vertually any house.

The size of a combi is determined by hot water demand not heating demand, they are all massively oversized for most heating applications not the least yours.

28kw sounds fine to me for your hot water needs, all the time it is working, which it won't always be.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back