Problem with heating/hot water control

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I moved into my house a few months ago and I have this problem:

I have a Drayton Lifestyle LP111 control which only controls my heating. The only way I can turn off the hot water is by the mains switch. The control does not turn off my hot water when it is set to off. Is this right, should it control both? Basically the only way to have timed heating is to have the hot water turned on constantly. I can't do this as the hot water tank is in my bedroom and is noisy.

I've had two plumbers look at this. One said it was just an old fashioned system (the house is 12 years old) and the other said to get an electrician. I asked the eletrician if I could have a new progammer that would control heating and hot water. He said the only way would be to have a new boiler! Surely this isn't the only solution?

HELP!!!

Sponsored Links
What kind of system do you have ie is it gravity or primatic or a thermal store or fully pumped We can only help when given all relevent facts

I think it's a mains fed system. I don't have a cold tank in the loft.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back