CENTRAL HEATING HASSLE

HarrogateGas said:
Real chip on your shoulder this week Sofus, lighten up.
Nope - this is the standard me.

If you don't like what you see, just ignore it.

Sponsored Links
pete26671 said:
WELL IF THATS YOUR ATTITUDE FORGET IT I FIND HELP ELSEWHERE.IM NOT A PLUMBER I JUST TRIED TI FIX THE PROBLEM I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE THEY ARE CONNECTED TO IF I DID I WOULD HAVE SAID .I HAD TO CHANGE THE PUMP BECAUSE THE LAST 1 FAILED AFTER 8 YEARS
There's no particular attitude on my part, but it's notable that I've asked you twice where you connected the pump wires, and you haven't answered with any useful information, and have now started e-shouting.

To clarify: did you connect the pump wiring to (a) a wiring centre, (b) a junction box, (c) a programmer, or (d) the boiler?

Now do you see why I was asking?

If you seek help from any expert, the first thing they'll do is ask some questions to clarify the symptoms and to follow a process of diagnosing the problem. If you want help then you need to be prepared to answers some perfectly polite questions clearly and concisely.

We're not magicians here, so if you want an answer without revealing any more information then consult Mystic Meg; I believe she has a web site.

re: To clarify: did you connect the pump wiring to (a) a wiring centre, (b) a junction box, (c) a programmer, or (d) the boiler?

well if you had explained that earlir it would have helped so i apoligise .the pump is connected to the programmer but it is a very old 1 as there are 13 wires connected to the programmer

Sponsored Links
I see no need to explain why I'm asking a reasonable question in a reasonable way. Twice. However, in the interests of moving forward, I accept your apology.

Did you disconnect any of the wires at the programmer, or only at the end of the flex that was connected to the pump.

Just going out now, so I won't be posting until this evening; hopefully HarrogateGas will take time out from being a forum nanny and offer some help in the meantime.

i disconnected only the wires from the pump so as to make it easier to rewire i didnt touch the programmer

Pete you need to remove the large chrome screw from the centre of the pump. Be prepared to catch a little water.

Make sure the pump is running then wait for a bit and see if the sound of the pump running changes.
To those in the know a pump that is running but not actually moving water sounds very different to one that is.
By the way what type of valves are on either side of the pump.
1.None
2.Gate type,shut with a spanner or
3.Ball type

Reason I ask is that you might have damaged a valve and it isnt open when you think it is.

Stan

Gate valve shaft can break in such a way as it seems to be working but is actually stuck shut.

can u tell me what size pump i should have for 8 rads as i have just replaced again a 15-50 with a 15-60 but still not heating all rads ?

Is pump fitted same way as before if so take it out & try opening the gate valves (use something to collect water) if no water comes out you have snapped shaft on valve which is easily done as paul barker has already posted

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back