training as decorator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

seriously considering getting trained as a decorator. currently unemployed and getting employment proving difficult. So suggestions as to best course of action. I'm based in Neath so looking either Cardiff or Swansea for training. I know Access in Cardiff offer courses, but any other suggestions welcome

Rob

Sponsored Links
robdec said:
Hi

seriously considering getting trained as a decorator. currently unemployed and getting employment proving difficult. So suggestions as to best course of action. I'm based in Neath so looking either Cardiff or Swansea for training. I know Access in Cardiff offer courses, but any other suggestions welcome

Rob

You have a few options open to you

How old are you?

Neath has a decorating dept (Ryan Hughes) as does Ammanford (Stuart Proctor) Merthyr (Simon ?)and Bridgend (not sure if its still open)..oh and Swansea (the legend himself)!!

Id suggest the CITB if your looking for a full on course with an employer..that will give you an NVQ Level 2 and maybe 3 and a modern apprenticeship qualification

Only problem is the CITB will only recruit for the accademic year...which started in Sept.

You may be able to get onto a course with a college that has a rolling programme..but bear in mind you CANNOT get an NVQ if you only go to college..but you can get what is called an ICA or an ACA intermediate and advanced construction awards..good qulifications but not as good to an employer as an NVQ which shows your learning has come from the site and not all college based.

A lot of colleges push for you to do what is know as the full framework...this is the ICA and the NVQ becasue they are paid on the outcomes of this.

If you want to know anymore do as Gcol suggests..I'll be glad to help..if you want a reference...ask Papergirl :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back