where to get prefinished cement board in UK (eg Hardiglaze)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

After much research I thought I'd found the perfect material to rebuild my leaky old shower:
http://www.jameshardie.com.au/Products/InternalLinings/HardiGlazeTileSheets/
Tiling on a sheet :)

Given the choice of putting up cement board this time (instead of the soggy marine ply I thought would work the first time) then tiling over with 150mm white tiles or just putting up a sheet of something which looks like 150mm white tiles (apart from the visible absence of my dodgy grouting) I'd go for the latter any day.

Does anyone know where I can get hold of anything like this in the UK?

Thanks in advance!
James

Sponsored Links
jamesberkshire
is this an advert for your product ???

why dont you go down that page an use the login box to find your local stockist/builder ...

personally I have seen this idea before an close up it looks cheap an nasty ......resembles a motorway service prefab toilet walls :(

Hi Moz,
Sadly not my product otherwise I wouldn't have spent a couple of weeks looking for this or similar. ;)

I have found somwhere selling uPVC and got some samples and I can confirm that these really do resemble a motorway service prefab toilet walls.

The URL below is in Australia and the few independent postings I've found about this have been positive ... but Antipodean :(. As long as it doesn't cost an arm and a leg I'd be prepared to speculate on enough to do the top floor shower (visually not so critical) with a view to doing the main bathroom if it looked ok.

I called this particular manufacturer who says they don't supply it at all in the UK. Local builders merchants say they know what I'm on about and think there are similar products from other companies ... but don't know where to source them. They pointed me at tiling companies who were equally unsure.

So brands aside (it really doesn't have to come from Australia!!), does anyone know where to get fibre re-enforced cement board with a pre-surfaced (poly-eurethane?) white tile effect face?

If so I'd love to know.
cheers
James

james
My sincere apologizes .....
as you can understand this site gets a lot of timewasters /spam ;)

I didnt see it was a oz board ...sorry :)

I can tell you B/Q sold this cr*p ..
for a fitter an trying to fit it was awful as the self tapping screws were rubbishplastic ...try to tighten an prone to breaking the backing /screw ..:(

I would recommend tiling an get advice here we can offer an doing a proper "Boss" job ..
SORRY .. again for my assumptions :)
moz

Sponsored Links
Hi Moz,

No probs - "where to get ... " can be interpreted as a question as well as a statement. I'd have drafted the original post more carefully if I hadn't been doing it at work with five other (work!) things vying for my attention %~)

Your feedback is really useful. If B&Q stock this type of product I can go and check it out without even parting with any money. ;) I may well end up using plain fibre re-enforced backer board with plain white tiles (my tiling isn't really that bad!) but I'd still like to have a look at this stuff so I can decide for myself just how "motorway service toilet"-like it is.

Thanks a lot for your help :)
James

james
B/Q used to stock it near the shower doors /screens
If you can see how rubbish the fittings are while there too ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back