We're gonna get cold! - rads.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Stumbled aross this site from Google, looks like some knowledgeable people on here so thought I'd pick your brains.

Now I don't know much about this sort of thing so excuse my ignorance.

Anyway, lived in my house for about 2.5 yrs and never had any heating/hot water problems.....until about 2 days ago. None of my rads (upstairs or downstairs) are working at all, the pipes that go into the floorboards are stone-cold too. No problems with my hot water though.

My boiler (it's a big old thing) is a 'Worcester Bosch Highflow 400' and the "control" I use to turn on the heating is a 'Potterton EP2001'.

Usually when I turn on my heating, there's an "ignition" type noise but it doesn't happen anymore.

Anyone able to offer some assistance?

Sponsored Links
first thoughts on this are diverter valve ,then in no particular order programmer or room stat ,does the room stat click, is the programmer switched on,i know this is is obvious but its worth checking

The pump in the boiler is running all the time.

Not sure what a diverter valve is. Soz. Like I say, I don't know much about this sort of stuff at all. I know, I know, how do I get through life, I hear you say!!??? LOL!!

We don't have a room thermostat, only thing for the temps are on the rads.

Sponsored Links
i think its time to call an engineer,its not going to be something you can fix, unless you fancy testing the solenoid on the diverter and then draining down the boiler

LMAO!!! Testing the what???!!!!! Yeah, completely agree. My Dad's just called a mate.

Thanks anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back