Removing tile adhesive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i am repalcing the bath, etc in my batheroom, and am trying to save and reuse wall tiles, these have come off easily around the bath. Is there a solvent or similar that will soften the old tile adhesive to allow it to be scraped off. The tiles are old and i'm sure replacements will not be available. I'm sure that i could get frustrated trying toscrape/chip old adhesive off and break some. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
i think you're onto a non starter with the used ceramics, as it is too economically un-viable. if they were ancient, rare and relatively thick fireplace tiles, then yes, go for it.

if they're turkish 6"x6" whites with loads of adhesive stuck to them, then get real, chuck 'em in a skip. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately the room is completely tiled, with greyish/patterned tiles, dont really want to have to retile the complete room for the sake of making good just a few tiles. While the adhesive sticks like ****, would be great if there was a product which softened it?

believe it or not there IS an adhesive called that

p4010913_x.jpg
:LOL:

Sponsored Links
zinnia48 said:
Unfortunately the room is completely tiled, with greyish/patterned tiles, dont really want to have to retile the complete room for the sake of making good just a few tiles. While the adhesive sticks like ****, would be great if there was a product which softened it?

is popping a few like size "feature" tiles in place not an option?

as noseall says not worth the hassle , an after trying to patch them up will look awful , you could part retile but again will look bodged ..IMHO :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back