mr central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
has or does any one use this company for buying boilers and rads etc, they seem cheap ive noticed there ads in the national papers. anyone used them recommend them

Sponsored Links
I know a Corgi that uses them regularly for the heating package.

Must be okay but the boilers don't look too good.

I have seen other plumbing suppliers doing similar deals. Carvers builders merchants have also got on the bandwagon too :D

used them about five or six times in 3 yrs. solid rads and thermos.watch out for all the extras, like side panel and grills for the rads, thermo valves, condensing boiler .

Sponsored Links
they are very reliable,But once youve added up all the extras to make the job up to current standards and more presentable, you could probably get the stuff at your lacal plumbing supplies for similar price.

keep it local , you get a problem with boiler , rads owt . you can go and sort at your local merchants .

if this guy is cheap us his prices to drive the local merchant down

You can guarantee the rad. valves packaged with the rads will be c**p quality - chuck 'em in the bin where they belong.

Was in B&Q today - they now sell display carded packs of manual rad valves and TRV's. Garbage. These companies really pi** me off. The public don't realise their buying c**p quality valves that will leak around the spindles, let air in, and the TRV's will stick. Best way to trash your heating system.

Their TRV's actually use a circlip to hold on a rubber washer - when that circlip corodes/falls off and the rubber breaks down it will cause all sorts of damage to the boiler/pump.

The Sabre boiler is a Vokera Compact (ferotiously denied by our local vokera rep, but he's a salesman who knows nowt).

It is totally and utterly reliable and a doddle to install.

I have no qualms about using them instead of local branches because in the numbers game of the 50 odd I've bought NOT A SINGLE ONE HAS HAD TO GO BACK. They have their own lrries doing the deliveries.

My view on this all is that the public can buy at these prices, we professionals have to pay £150 more per boiler trade. This makes us look stupid to the public.

One customer asked me to fit an Ariston, I said I don't usually fit them but if that's what you've set your heart on, I don't mind, are you supplying it or me? He said what he could get it for. I said I'd see what I could do. Local merchants were all over £30 more expensive. He also supplied his own Magnaclean because he beat me on that by £10.

It makes me mad than we pay more than the general public.

A lot of gas parts like 8mm bent gas cocks are cheaper in bnq aswell.

In my case, as a fairly big orderer of boilers I have managed to wrestle a better deal from Vokera which gets me just £35 more expensive than the Sabre, but they backed out of the deal once already and we faltered a few times since but finally it seems to be working. I have only gone for this as the local pts manager is desperate for my business and he's a really nice guy. It's not their fault either, it's the manufacturers dumping their products in certain areas, but going for top whack from the professionals.

Basically you have to play them at their own game.

OR ban sales of gas appliances to non registered people.

yes its easy really only sell appliances to people with a corgi card but it will never happen as long as b nq etc about

Paul Barker said:
My view on this all is that the public can buy at these prices, we professionals have to pay £150 more per boiler trade. This makes us look stupid to the public.

Which wold be understandable if you paid £150 more than you needed to.

One customer asked me to fit an Ariston, I said I don't usually fit them but if that's what you've set your heart on, I don't mind, are you supplying it or me? He said what he could get it for. I said I'd see what I could do. Local merchants were all over £30 more expensive. He also supplied his own Magnaclean because he beat me on that by £10.

So employ him as your buyer.

I'm sure you would buy something cheaper for another trade that's not your own if you had the chance. Why do you NEED to supply goods to a customer unless it's to make more money. If you can't get it cheaper than them and then make a mark-up, why worry? You don't have to take the can when it goes wrong as they supplied it.

You know very well that with the internet you can only have one lowest price.

It makes me mad than we pay more than the general public.

Only if you were expecting to make something on it. Just remember we are ALL the general public. I just tell people they can buy it themselves if they wish, but if I buy it I will add money on to have it passing through my account and increasing my turnover otherwise for no benefit.[/quote]

Really poor customer service. Sent wrong product and would not swap for the correct one without another high charge for delivery and collection. They even admitted their mistake but still no luck.

Welcome friend, but you've just added to a 10+ year old thread. Your answer may well be relevant, but do check the dates on old threads first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back