Vokera Syntesi boiler: Very frequent d2 ignition failure err

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, we have a Vokera Syntesi combi boiler for the past 2 years which has been generally fine, however since we've had the heating switched on this winter, we're getting a lot of problems with the boiler failing to ignite.

It just takes a reset to get things back to normal, but I'm wondering if there's something that can be done to improve the ignition?

It seems to have problems after we've turned off the heating by turning down the thermostat inside the house, but it is inconsistent. It will sometimes be a few days in between the ignition failure.

(The boiler is mounted externally in an exterior shed on the outside wall of the house)

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Steph.

Sponsored Links
Intermittent failure to ignite faults are mostly caused by faulty or misfitted flue seals.

There are however many other possibilities associated with gas and ignition settings but these all are the province of a competent CORGI registered engineer.

I presume that you did not bother to get the boiler properly serviced at the end of the first year?

Tony

Hi Tony,
No, the boiler hasn't been serviced since installation.
Thanks for your reply, I might get an engineer to have a look at it and see if there's anything untoward going on.
S.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back