baxi barcelona problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I had a barcenlona installed about 6 years ago and apart from minor problems (blocked condensate ) has worked well.
I now have a few problems appearing and wonder if any body can help.
The other day it went to lockout ( red light on not flashing) and I reset and it fired up and worked for two days .Then it locked out again( red light on not flashing) I reset again but it did not start but went to lockout after five attempts.
Looked in the service instructions and cleaned the igniter electrode which was looking worn with a large gap and regapped to 4mm started up and it worked ok nice flame colour and the boiler modulated with the load.
My question is does anybody know if there is a common problem with baxi pcbs and do they deteriorate with age.
I"m not a corgi engineer but to replace the igniter electrode and otherwise service a boiler is not brain surgery and I would never attempt repairs that are beyond my ability or touch the gas connections.
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
its not brain surgery but it should be carried out by a proven competent person

BTW what co/co2 ratio is it producing and what is the co2 level stablising at?

as you are serviced it

"""My question is does anybody know if there is a common problem with baxi pcbs and do they deteriorate with age."""

There is no other comment about pcbs in the rest of your posting so I am not sure why you are asking about that.

It sounds as if your boiler is never professionally serviced and you try to fix anything which goes wrong yourself. The spark gap would not have suddenly jumped and is normally be checked and readjusted at every annual service.

In the trade these are seen as difficult and unreliable. Most people would suggest you had a BG contract but as you seem to have managed to fix the little problems yourself you have made a big saving.

Start saving up for a new boiler!

Tony

Thanks for the replies to my question I have concluded that the Barcelona is not the best boiler in the world . The only reason I ask about the reliabilty of the baxi pcbs is that its been my experience in the past that a common chain of failures occur and the only way to find this out is ask the question of those who repair them .
What boiler in your experiences is the best to replace the barcelona with as this is now a defunct model (for good reason's) as I will be considering this in the next few years
Thanks once again

Sponsored Links
that question gets asked daily

both mine and agiles reply were telling you to get the boiler serviced correctly

it may not be brain surgery but it does need to be done correctly

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back