Gledhill, Sludgebucket?

Sponsored Links
im still convinced this is the mixing valve at fault. usually the plastic bits in the bottom crack and this....for some unknown reason....gives a small amount of hot water then stone cold.

its the same for the boilermates......same valve same problem

the only other things that fail regularly on these junkpiles are the aps or the thermostat goes into turkish bath mode and heats the house through the f+e tank

Oh right nickso, I didn't imagine the mixing valves could do that. Definitely worth checking - the guy should be able to grope the pipes and tell.
I've got a couple -Reliance, Gia????ni, somewhere, but wouln't only the original one fit?

What I meant by the "bucket" was the heat store part, which is something around 36 x 16 I expect, though hard to judge cos it's covered up. I have the manual somewhere. Would have thought that if it builds up a depth of sludgy goo in the bottom, it wouldn't be very good at storing and giving up its heat.

The man at Gledhill said that the manual isn't on their site because they didn't have computers back then. Ryeeeeet :rolleyes: .

Not exactly popular, are they. I thought it was quite a neat solution for a v small house, mains hot water an' all.

It's the model which had these timers - which is what took me there
439742.gif

Sponsored Links
ChrisR said:
Oh right nickso, I didn't imagine the mixing valves could do that. Definitely worth checking - the guy should be able to grope the pipes and tell.
I've got a couple -Reliance, Gia????ni, somewhere, but wouln't only the original one fit?

What I meant by the "bucket" was the heat store part, which is something around 36 x 16 I expect, though hard to judge cos it's covered up. I have the manual somewhere. Would have thought that if it builds up a depth of sludgy goo in the bottom, it wouldn't be very good at storing and giving up its heat.

The man at Gledhill said that the manual isn't on their site because they didn't have computers back then. Ryeeeeet :rolleyes: .

Not exactly popular, are they. I thought it was quite a neat solution for a v small house, mains hot water an' all.

It's the model which had these timers - which is what took me there
439742.gif

for a laugh see what kind of co/c02 ratio its putting out....ill bet its sky high.....then try and clean it properly....thats a real bundle of laughs.

im glad they are not popular they are awful things to work on

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back