noisy new central heating system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi does anyone have any ideas as to why my heating system is making a noise, the noise i think is the water flowing through the system but can only hear it on 3 or 4 rads. the sytem is brand new only been fitted a couple of weeks the boiler is a worcester bosch 35cdi running 13 rads on three floors the boiler being on the ground floor the supply and return pipes are 22mm with the rads being fed by 15mm all copper, all the rads have trvs fitted but the one in the bathroom is fully open all the time, i have bled the rads on a number of occasions with very little air in system the pressure is set at 1bar on the boiler i have tried to get the guy who installed the boiler to look at it but he does not return my calls so any help would be much appreciated thank you.

Sponsored Links
If he's corgi registered then report him to corgi. You should at least be offered some support by him. even if it comes at a small charge.

Thanks for your reply i have tried to contact him but he is never at home and does not phone me back i do not have his corgi number because he was going to bring back the benchmark paperwork when he was going to put in prohibiter but has not been back

Sponsored Links
I did not get an invoice from him he was reccomended through a friend of a friend,yes i did pay cash i have left a message on his answer phone asking him to phone me again but i am not holding my breath,in the meantime was reccomended to put in a automatic bypass valve but im not sure as the boiler should already have one thanks for your reply

the word you will be looking for is "oops"

when a chap is willing to defraud her majestys revenue and customs, the HSE and CORGI (cos he wont have notified it) I genrally find that they dont give two hoots for the client.

afraid you are stuffed mate and will have to pay a reputable person to sort it out.

just goes to show aint no such thing as a "cheap Job" is there

Yes i think you are right trying to get a plumber to put it right might take some doing as they seem to be very hard to get one around here think i will take the advice and fit a automatic bypass valve and hope that does the trick thank you for your reply

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back