cylinder thermostat on my hot water cylinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was planning to put a cylinder thermostat on my hot water cylinder. Could anyone offer any advice on how to do this? I have seen some at screw fix and it looks like you just attached them to the front of the cylinder but how does this control it?

Also any tips on the most economical way to run a heating system. I have one tank in the loft for cold water and the hot cyclinder directly underneath. I dont have a separate hot water tank like most people think I do?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
what boiler do you have?
what control system do you have?

is the system partial gravity??

It is a marathon myson 300b or 600b I think put in around 1997 so I am lead to believe. Dont know if it is gravity. Not entirely sure what that means. I have one cold water tank in the loft feeding the hot water cyclinder and the boiler downstairs in the kitchen. I am trying to set it up so I can have central heatiung without having to heat the hot water for a bath so to speak!.

Thanks

It is a marathon myson 300b or 600b I think put in around 1997 so I am lead to believe. Dont know if it is gravity. Not entirely sure what that means. I have one cold water tank in the loft feeding the hot water cyclinder and the boiler downstairs in the kitchen. I am trying to set it up so I can have central heatiung without having to heat the hot water for a bath so to speak!.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
well it sounds like it is gravity hot water so you will have your work cut out getting a cyl stat on it

maybe worth getting someone in to have a look at it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back