Potterton 80e lockout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
Ive been having problems with my combi for a while now. The original problem was that with the hot water running on its own(central heating not used) the system would be satis. When the central heating is on and you then run the hot water, when the water is turned off, the lockout led comes on the control panel.

An engineer came out and replaced the divertor valve, control panel led reset button pcb and motherboard pcb.
The problem seemed to have been cured and as soon s the engineer left the problem persisted but the lockout light would come on over a inconsistent period.

wayne.

Sponsored Links
WHich boiler is it? Let me hazard a guess it's a Puma, and it needs a new Domestic Hot Water (tap water) flow switch.
I wonder if it needed all the other bits. :rolleyes:

ChrisR said:
WHich boiler is it? Let me hazard a guess it's a Puma, and it needs a new Domestic Hot Water (tap water) flow switch.
I wonder if it needed all the other bits. :rolleyes:
ChrisR, if system is running ok when HW only is on, how can it be the DHW flow switch?

Sponsored Links
the flow switch sticks after the tap has been turned off, so within a few seconds it locks out.

If the DV is working the water goes round the heating, so it takes a LONG time to lock out. WHen the wax capsule's tired it locks out quicker cos it stays in HW position longer.

Dotto - look at the red light on the pcb - it should go OUT as soon as you turn the hw off.

ChrisR said:
If the DV is working the water goes round the heating, so it takes a LONG time to lock out. WHen the wax capsule's tired it locks out quicker cos it stays in HW position longer.

Dotto - look at the red light on the pcb - it should go OUT as soon as you turn the hw off.
Thanks 4 the explanation ChrisR.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back