Ideal HE24 Combi Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a Ideal HE24 installed last May. During September it started to shut down with overheat codes. After three engineering visits it was finally diagnosed that the pump was sticking and very stiff. The pump was replaced but now the problem is happening again. I am fairly sure that the pump has gone again as I can hear the system boling then shutting down suggesting that the pump isn't turning. Ideal have suggested that the level of Fernox in the might be causing the problem which I don't believe. Has anyone else had similar problems with these boilers?

Grahame

Sponsored Links
Everyone has had problems with these boilers!....what particular code is it giving you?

their are gits for this unless they flushed thoroughly, did they installer chuck a machine on it before he installed iot?

The fault code is L9 then H9. Only by spending 20 to 30 minutes resetting and powering off the unit does it come back. Unfortunately because the sytem is under warranty I can't do much else.

The whole system was renewed, radiators, pipes etc. I would have expected the installer to have flushed the system to remove any debris, but this is not something I would have checked myself.

Sponsored Links
well i would hazard a guess that it werent done.

if you call ideal again they will probably undertake a test of the water to get them out of having to return to you again.

did you get a bench mark Cert off your installer?

I do have Benchmark Certificate whiich states that Sentenal 100 was used and the system was flushed. Ideal have taken a water test and it is they who are saying the mixture is too weak. Before they attend again they want it topped up which hopefully will be done next week. I am still a bit dubious that this will cure they pump faults. They pump seems to seize up if not used for a few hours i.e overnight. Could there be a faulty batch? Pumps are made by Wilo.

i had this problem a 2 months ago with an ideal isar combi, pump wasnt up to the job and id fully powerflushed it, ideal changed pump no problem since.....

also had the error message on an icos 24he system, intermitent fault on pcb, have to reset to unlock the error, so far its only happened a few times but keeping my eye on it.

I do have to say that its my expectation that the pump is getting tight and seizing as a result of dirt in the system.

A new system should have been flushed with X300 in accordance with the instructions. Adding just X100 will not correct the fault.

Yet again a cowboy installer!

Tony

An Ideal engineer arrived today and replaced the pump again. The faulty pump was seized solid. This is the second pump replacement since May of this year.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back