sealants

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
have any of you plumbing experts out there ever fitted a free-standing shower cubicle(just requires wall behind) as my plumber is reacting as though i have asked him to fit the tardis in my bathroom (which i suppose it is in a way) anyway he has apparently never even heard of them before,let alone fitted one. also,anyone know of any silicone free sealers?

Sponsored Links
there are acrylic sealers, oil based mastics, solvent based gripfill types, sticks like sh*t.

what type are you looking for?

if you want one that stays pliable, then an oil based mastic should do it.

not really looking for one that stays pliable.just something to seal around the waste (our plumber tells us this is vital),from the shower to the drain.it is in a downstairs room with a tiled floor,so we are less bothered about the odd drip than he is.still,it is good that he is so particular.

Sponsored Links
vivandpete said:
have any of you plumbing experts out there ever fitted a free-standing shower cubicle(just requires wall behind)
Yes.

...as my plumber is reacting as though i have asked him to fit the tardis in my bathroom
Depending on the make and model, it can be a very unpleasant job.

also,anyone know of any silicone free sealers?
Yes.

just something to seal around the waste (our plumber tells us this is vital),from the shower to the drain
WTF?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back