Ravenheat csi 120 low nox problems (Help)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a Ravenheat csi 120 low nox condensing combi fitted about 2 months ago. All was going well until last night it cut out with a #14 fault (flame simulation) after resetting it was working ok again. Then tonight it cut out altogether, after inspecting the PCB the main fuse ( F1) had blown so i replaced it. But now it wont fire up, the pump and fan are running but its not firing at all. Any help would be greatly apreciated!

Sponsored Links
I really dont see why you are fiddling with your boiler when you should be calling the installer who may need to liase with the manufacturere under the warranty.

Did the Installer complete the benchmark Certificate and notify CORGI who will have written to you to confirm he is registered?

Or are you experiencing the problems associated with an installation by a non registered installer?

Tony Glazier

Unfortunatly being on minimum wage wife and family and not having 2p to rub together i had to get it fitted by a none registered fitter. I struggled to get the boiler and now having problems. I just thought it may be a simple fix so had a look myself.

Sponsored Links
gman58 said:
Unfortunatly being on minimum wage wife and family and not having 2p to rub together i had to get it fitted by a none registered fitter. I struggled to get the boiler and now having problems. I just thought it may be a simple fix so had a look myself.

Sorry to hear about you skint situation but getting a gas appliance fit by an unregistered installer is playing with fire.

I doubt that anyone will offer any advice on how to get a boiler going that has been installed by a unregistered gas installer.

I would be prepared to help but just dont know what to suggest. It might be a manufacturers fault but much more likely in the circumstances to be due to bad installation.

To all those reading this please realise the problems you can face by using an unregistered installer. Firstly, obviously they are not qualified, have little experience and will not be able to fault find. Secondly, several manufacturers like Ravenheat do not offer any guarantee cover unless their boilers are properly fitted by a CORGI and the Benchmark is completed.

When I go to a boiler on behalf of a manufacturer, if the problem is as a result of faulty installation it becomes a chargeable call at our standard fee of £84.

These kind of problems can often end up costing more than the extra of using a CORGI in the first place. Another advantage of using a CORGI is that if he does not do the gas side properly then CORGI will serve a "Defects Notice" requiring him do complete the job properly at his own cost. When he has not bothered to properly size the gas supply pipe that can be quite costly for him! To RGIs maximum pressure loss 1 mB at full boiler power!

Tony Glazier

Will probably have to wait to get someone in to have a look. Thanks anyway guys, i appreciate the advice.

gman58 said:

you should have talked to Mr Blairs cronies they would have paid for a boiler to be fitted for you under the warmfront thingamajig but only if you were genuine, if not then you are now reaping the reward of thinking you are smarter than the average bear arent you

good luck in getting someone thick enough to have a look, and if you do they should be filling out a RIDDOR report to the H&S and reporting you and the cowboy moron who installed it for you

no such thing as a free lunch is there

I'm sure I have had the same problem before and the culprit was actually the ch 'clip on' thermistor. It did seem illogical as the code for this was #12.
I remember calling Ravenheat and asking them to translate what 'flame simulation on the flame control unit' actually meant
No guarantees on that but given your financial situation it could be worth trying.
You may have a bit of fun trying to get the right part as well. It should be a green clip on thermistor. The part number I have is 0007TER05005/0 but check your instruction book. Try calling Ravenheat for the part. If you are nice about it and explain your situation you could be lucky and get one for free.

I do remember that there was a leak on it as well. The large nut on the pipe leading to the gas valve was not tightened up properly at the factory.

Come on lads show a bit of compassion. Its the less well off that are more likely to fall victim to cowboy installers. To find themselves in this situation is just another kick in the teeth.

I usually find that the less well off usually employ a CORGI because they want to ensure their hard earned money is not wasted.

Its the well off who seem to want to use non registered people to save them money to make them even better off.

There are several schemes like Warmfront which can help people on low incomes but the people who need it most often dont know about them.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back