Hanging heavy picture/mirrors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
All - i have a heavy mirror (18kgs or ~40lbs) which I need to hang in to a masonry wall covered with 2cm of plaster and would like to find out what the best approach would be.

I've found various methods including heavier wires and hooks as well as something called "cleat hangers" on a US website - this roughly equates to a set of rails which overlap and and can be hooked over each other.

question i shas anyone had a similar issue to deal with and sorted out successfully? If so I'd love to know how you resolved this.

Cheers!

Paul

Sponsored Links
Pretty much so - what I saw was maybe a little easier on the eye but teahnthat sort of idea where one is fastened to the wall and one to the mirror/picture frame.

Sponsored Links
We have a huge mirror with a heavy gilt frame, which we have moved several times. We simply have four mirror plates screwed to the back and we use four big brass screws in big plastic plugs. We mark the holes on the wall by making a paper template first then drilling with a small then a big drill bit. After mounting we paint the mirror plates and screw heads in the wall colour.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back