vokera compact 28 ithink is kettling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, can anyone help in the last week i treated my CH with kilrock cleanser and limescale remover (i could hear the scale in the pipes moving when the boiler fired up) but now my boiler comes on for only a few minutes making loud noises before shutting itself off, i have checked the pump and seems to be free ( i unscrewed the large screw on front of pump and the shaft turned freely) could it blocked somewhere ??? what should i try next ??

Sponsored Links
They don't kettle.

Open auto air vent, should never have been shut. Bleed pump, run it wait until fires, switch to hot water only, run tap and wait till it fires, switch to off. wait for air to gurgle out. repeat until pump quiet. Now let it light properly.

That is my air purge procedure on a compact for every one that I fit.

Most combis are very poor at priming themselves, you can't just fill them up turn them on and let them scald themselves.

That's the difference you get when you pay someone to install your boiler who cares what happens to it.

The ignorance of design engineers never ceases to amaise me. Evryone knows the best place for an aav is at the top of the water jacket.

hi paul thanks for yuor quick reply,when you say open the AAV i can see a small screw cap is this what i need to open ? i didnt metion earlier that the DHW is working fine,

Sponsored Links
Yes it is a dust cap off a tyre.

the cycling betwixt dhw and ch is one method of forsing trapped air to get the hell out of a combi. It is a devil sometimes to get rid of, I never let a newly installed combi stay lit for more than a few seconds until I hear nice quiet running.

how do i bleed the pump i cant see any bleed nipples also the dust cap on the aav shuold it be closed when normally working

I have never knowingly heard "scale moving round the pipes" before.

Perhaps its because I would not know what it sounds like?

Tony

no it should NEVER be closed, actually bin it.

Big FAT SCREW to bleed pump. If you can't see it you are blind.

bled pump using big fat screw but only water came out no air did this 4 or 5 times still not cured the fault, this is not a new installation i think the boiler is about three years old was in the house when we moved in

i have now turned the CH dial on the boiler to just below auto i still get the noises on intial start up but then it stops but after a while i get slurping and hissing noises coming from the heat exchanger area do you think there is still air trapped, i must have bled the pump about 15 times now

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back