no bar pressure can any one help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a combi boiler and have problems with the bar pressure,

every time i fill the pressure up via the filling loop the water just pours out the boiler overflow pipe.

i know there is a red gate valve on it to release the pressure but cant get to it as it is tucked inside the boiler under a metal plate and the hole is to small to get access. could the washer in the overflow gate valve be faulty?

why do boilers always go wrong just before xmas :confused:

would be very grateful for some advice

Sponsored Links
i bet thats not what the gate valve is for

boilers have a thing called prv pressure release valve

i bet its taht with a problem, but what you should ask is swhy did it go,

have you checked the expansion vessel pressure

Please note i am not a plumber or heating engineer, but i do read the forums

bleed the radiators the other day as the 1 in the front room wasn't getting hot then yesterday there was no bar pressure showing, filled the boiler back up but the water just keeps flowing out the overflow pipe.

ain't got a clue when it comes to boilers but good with electrics.

thanks for your advice :)

think i need a engineer to come out.

Sponsored Links
yesterday the pressure bar only droped when the hot or cold water was used this morning i cant even fill it to 1 bar, as soon as i turn the filling loop on the pressure bar rise's to lets say 0.5 then the water starts ****ing out the overflow pipe of the boiler,

could the pressure release valve be faulty as it's letting the water strate out the boiler

Turn off the electric, take the bottom cover off the boiler and try turning the red handle of the prv (or pull if pull type), it sounds as though it could be stuck in the open position or debris on the seating.

dose any one know how much a new prv cost's.

thank you for your help people hope you all have a merry christmas and a happy new year :D

Depends on boiler type but anywhere from £10 to £40 ish

thanks for your help people all sorted now only took the engineer 15min and every thing working good :D :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back