pumped system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have just installed a Landis and Staefa heating programmer all was ok until my partner said she wanted a 5/2 system i changed the digits at the back and now i cant get hot water

Sponsored Links
pholborow said:
...i cant get hot water
Your words fit many scenarios, for example:

1. No water is coming out the hot taps.
2. The water coming out of the hot taps is cold.
3. The programmer doesn't light the boiler to heat the water in the cylinder.
4. The programmer doesn't activate the motorised valve.
5. The programmer doesn't allow you to program the hot water.

One thought - have you reset the programmer after making the mode change?

i have hot water but radiators do not get hot all the lights function to tell me heating is on but does not pump it around system?

It's possible that you have a faulty pump.

Do you have a multimeter and the knowledge to use it? If so you could test for a mains supply at the pump at the time when you're expecting it to be on.

Do you have a motorised valve? If so, does the boiler fire up when you select CH only? If not then it's possible that the valve head is faulty. If the boiler does fire then it points to the pump.

Many possibilities - need to know more about your system; ideally you would reveal everything that the FAQ asks you to.

Sponsored Links
sorry boiler is a Potterton Profile
programmer is a Siemens RWB 9
motorised valve is a switchmaster

i have a volt stick which is showing me when boiler fires i have powerto the pum and i have power to the motorised valve but the valve is not switching over to give me a pumped heating system but before i altrered the programmer the system was perfect

The RWB9 requires resetting after a change in mode - have you reset it?

Notwithstanding that, if the MZV isn't moving then (a) the programmer is not energising it, or (b) the motor head is faulty, or (c) the valve is stuck.

BTW, a volt stick is useless for showing whether the correct valve wires are energised at the right time.

how can i check it as i mentioned earlier until i changed the settings on the back of the programmer the system worked

You have already been told...
Reset programmer
If it doesn't work you need a multimeter - and understanding.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back