UV water filter - 1/2 bsp fittings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a UV water-filter from EMWC: h**p://www.emwc.uk.com/Details.asp?ProductID=268

It has two female-threaded fittings..one at either end..in the spec it says:
"Standard Connection - opposed 1/2" BSP Female Thread".

I want to connect this device to 15mm copper pipework..can anyone recommend a source of fittings?..I need (male) 1/2BSP to 15mm. I have plenty of 15mmx1/2 connectors but the (BSP) thread on this filter is smaller..about 12-13mm across. I never had much to do with BSP fittings. I can find plastic 1/2BSP fittings for aquaria etc and compressed air fitings..but no common or garden copper...am i being thick here?

The real problem is that I am housebound (in deepest countryside!) for at least a week (car problems) and I need to order online asap..anyone?

Even if an online source is not known I'd be grateful for a part descriptor

many thanks for reading..ekon

Sponsored Links
1/2" x 15mm conex mi x copper 302.

12mm will be 3/8" bsp so you would need 3/8" x 15mm mi to copper conex 302

Just looked at the pic and its unclear, is the thread on the inside or the outside.

Thanks very much for getting back on this one doitall.

The thread on the "in" and "out" is actually on the inside of the 2 fittings i.e. female. I have to say the unit came with absolutely no instructions!

As I said I think I must have blissfully passed by BSP fittings for the last 50+ years!!
Its 16mm across the fitting on the external diameter…and as far as my poor old eyes can tell! there's only 13-14mm gap across the threads internally (i.e the “wall” of the fitting is 1 to 1.5 mm in thickness).

I’ve spent hours today trying to find standard internal diameters for female BSP fittings ..and now realize that to complicate matters that there are parallel (BSPP) and tapered (BSPT) variants. I think mine/these are BSPP!

I may need to ring up their technical hotline for help as I think maybe most of their products are all designed for plastic pipe (ughhh!)………….

…I note on re-reading that they say: “With All UV Systems we recommend the fitting of a 5 micron sediment pre-filter to prelong the life of your system”..again the link/picture suggest the use of plastic pipe.

Oh well..never too old to learn something new!..maybe??!

I’ll probably wait until I can get to the builder’s merchants and try a 3/8" x 15mm mi to copper conex 302…and/or telephone EMWC.

Thanks again for responding..and Happy Christmas!

ekon

Do you have builders merchants in Cyprus?

Are you in the south or north?

Sponsored Links
> Agile..actually I'm in UK right now..I flit back and forth according to the seasons..here for Christmas with the mother in law! This thread relates to my UK house which is on a private water supply..hence the need for a U/V "filter".

But yes we have plenty of good builder's merchants in the bigger towns of S.Cyprus..and if you need something "special" making up there are still streets full of really clever artisans in the big towns (and some villages) who can make almost anything..not nuclear stuff you understand..maybe in Limassol for that!!! There are quite a few folk from east of the Urals here if you get my drift;)

Yes I may have to go a plumbers' merchants here but I live deep "in the sticks" and have no car for a week..thats the main problem..lots of beer in the fridge though!..the job can wait a while.
ekon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back