vokera intermittently not refiring after temp reached

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My vokera linea 726 central heating intermittently doesn't refire after temp reached and it cools.

This usually occurs daily though may work okay for several hours and can be refired by opening the hot tap. Then after firing and refiring for another hour or two it may not refire again. It has only given a Code 01 warning once, otherwise it just clicks as if trying to refire.

Pressure reading is 1, goes up to 1.3 - 1.5 when working and falls back to 1 as it cools. The hot water always fires when a tap is opened and central heating always refires when a hot tap is opened.

Any ideas? Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
any thoughts on this problem, guys?

am i right to think it's unlikely to be the pcb since it (the CH) does fire up for an hour or so and always when the water is turned on. Lately it has stayed dead when i turn the switch to the CH position but as soon as I nudge the slider on the timer the tiniest bit (in the 1 position) the fan starts up and sometimes then it fires. If not I have to get it to fire by opening a tap.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

You could try linking the clock out, at least it will count that out if it keeps doing it.

i never use the timer, it's always set in the 1 position, but on the recent occasions that the boiler hasn't started running (whether it fires or not) when the selector is put to CH I have just nudged the timer selector a millimetre and it has jumped into life. Odd. Even then sometimes I have had to open a hot tap to get the gas to ignite

However after a couple of hours of working OK, firing and refiring, it then doesn't refire when it should.

Sponsored Links
When i say link the clock out i mean in the boiler wiring.

Thais should make the boiler run all the time when CH is selected on the middle selector switch.

If it runs ok with the clock linked out the fault is the clock, if not the fault lies elsewhere.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back