radiators: some cold, some scorching.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our new house is full of delights. One of them is the fact that the radiators on the back wall of the house work perfectly, but those at the front barely get warm. Perhaps the geography is just coincidence.

1) I assume the problem is due to sludge, but why would sludge build up in some radiators and not others?

2) I have also noticed that the outlet valves to each radiator are fully open. Could it be a balancing problem?

3) Assuming I have cleaned out my radiators, how do I go about balancing the system?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
i have been in my house for over 2 years and three of the rads have never worked.
I have just used this link and now all three of them have started working.. simple.. the thermostat at the end of the radiator can come off.. this isnt actually part of the rad it is just an attatchment that controls a little valve.

check it out!
:p
//wiki.diynot.com/plumbing:thermostatic_radiator_valves_-_trvs

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back