Tile Spacers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to lay rectangular tiles in a brick pattern. All the tile spacers I have seen seem to be the '+' shape which are no good unless i end up cutting one of the ends off. Do they come in a 'T' shape?

Sponsored Links
You would be better sticking them in sideways. When the grout has dried you can easily pull them out. Makes grouting afterwards a lot easier. I never use tile spacers the other way. Found it to be a hassle because if you want to grout really neat then there will be thin weak spots just above the spacers.

If this is flooring the answer is different but it is normally quite easy to break one end off. That's what i'd do.

Don't leave the spacer in when you tile a floor either or the grout will eventually wear down with mopping and the spacers will show through.

:D
A5f8.jpg
10102-13.jpg

Sponsored Links
the blind leading the blind ..lol
spot on ....but ....
well done above ...............said as the spirit of xmas grouch ...lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back