cold bathroom radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Merry Christmas and hope someone can advise........

I had some work done in the bathroom and the bathroom radiator was removed without draining the system and then refitted. Now it stays cold/cool. The pipe to the left of the radiator is very hot but the radiator itself and the pipe to the right off of it is cold. This is the pipe with the temp valve on it (but it is not a TRV).

Before the bathroom rad was removed for the work it always got nicely hot!

My system is gravity fed with one rad downstairs and 4 upstairs.

The only thing I have noticed is that the downstairs rad is now boiling (which is good) but it never used to be this hot, just adequately warm. It is though the heat has transferred from the bathroom rad to the downstairs one! :confused:

I have tried opening and closing the valves on the bathroom radiator but to no avail.

I opened the bleed valve on the bathroom rad whilst both rad valves were off and no water came out. I then independently opened the bathroom rad valves with the bleed valve open and water came out the bleed valve on both occasions. Hence I am now thinking there is not a blockage?

I am very confused?? I just want some heat from my bathroom radiator.

Any thoughts/assistance would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I am not a plumber or heating enginneer,

Make sure both valves are open, then bleed rad, also check loft tank, is there any water in it?

do i have both rad valves open fully then? And why would the downstairs and the other 3 upstairs rads be all nice and hot and not the bathroom one?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Look at "balancing" in the FAQ and Wiki section of this plumbing forum.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back