Combi Systems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have just purchased a house and luckily stumbled across this site. I plan to fit a bathroom suit and am unsure about the way combi systems work.

There are no valves that will isolate the bathroom area so i reckon i need to turn of at the main stop tap. If i turn off the main stop tap, run all hot and cold water through the bathroom taps untill they stop am i then in a position to start adapting pipes. Will this in any way effect my heating system. (i dont intend to use the heating whilst carrying out the works).

Your thought much anticipated!!!

Sponsored Links
Search the internet and read up on combi systems, and understand it before you start. If you don't understand it, don't start.

No not the gas, just the water.

If the cold feed is turned off to the boiler, will the heating be affected or as its a sealed system will it remain at the correct pressure.

From what i have read so far by turning off the cold water feed, running the taps (h & c) the system will become empty without effecting the heating. And once the bathroom pipework is complete i can simply turn on the cold feed and i will be back with hot and cold water and a heating system.

Sponsored Links
If you isolate the mains water feeding the boiler this will turn off all water, hot and cold.

The heating won't be affected as it is a sealed system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back