how many bends??

libby lou lou said:
If it will go round the first bend without a problem, why does it not go round the 21st bend without a problem ? i'm not a plumber, but would like to know the reason. thanks

I suppose its fair to say that turds will run out of steam (specially if its a cold day)

libby lou lou, or any one that is curious, try this

get a ball (marble, tennis ball, etc

gently push it, how far did it go?

nowbring it back to the same starting place and push it harder

it went further didn't it?

yes it because you pushed it harde the 2n time.

now with a toilet in this case, you can not change the "push" once it is installed, so once the flush is on its way, it will have the same amount of push everytime (within reason)

so the problem is, if the flush has to go round x number of bends first time every time, its going to need a big push to get it to go, and since the amount of push can not be changed once its all installed, you have o have as few bends as possible to make the flush's travel easier.

in reality, yes you can raise the cistern install a pump etc but i am only giving a leymans terms example

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back