130 HE heating fault...

FITTED NEW pcb tonight and guess what..DIDNT WORK. :cry:

U buy two as work in tandem etc, was gutted when it didnt work. so again went through the whole fault finding procedure..again replace PCB.

So i got thinking..whats stops the heating? Hot water has priority so if its in demand for hot water then the heating will never work...

No taps running so maybe the DHW flow switch is stuck but as its up to temp the burner is off. I pulled apart the plug to the switch and guess what..

The heating came on :D So for now they can have both untill i get a new flow switch. just got to blag the parts place to take back the PCB :rolleyes:

Thanks for all your help..will report back when i fit the flow switch.

bloody baxi. books are useless at times :evil:

merry xmas!

Sponsored Links
If this was the case it should have been displaying 'dh' and '40' alternating (40 is for example of temp of dhw)? Or may be your boards were duff :!:

dan the man said:
and the lead has a diode in the end of it..which failed.i got a lead and it worked first time. WELL CHUFFED. less than a year later it went again with same fault.. hmm.. tried a few things but it must be the lead. and guess what IT WORKED! BAXI on the phone were pointless..how the hell we supposed to realise the diode can fail if they dont know.

and as for honeywell who make them :evil:
Its actually a rectifier as the board outputs 240 vac and the gas valve wants 240v rac Thats rectified ac. You need spikes to test them and they have now been altered on the Baxi 133 HE to an ac gas valve

Sponsored Links
pannierstan said:
dan the man said:
and the lead has a diode in the end of it..which failed.i got a lead and it worked first time. WELL CHUFFED. less than a year later it went again with same fault.. hmm.. tried a few things but it must be the lead. and guess what IT WORKED! BAXI on the phone were pointless..how the hell we supposed to realise the diode can fail if they dont know.

and as for honeywell who make them :evil:
Its actually a rectifier as the board outputs 240 vac and the gas valve wants 240v rac Thats rectified ac. You need spikes to test them and they have now been altered on the Baxi 133 HE to an ac gas valve

ok. just what someone told me it was. plus i thought it was a little diode symbol on it. thanks

HI did you resolve the problem with your boiler ?
if so can you tell me what the fault was ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back