Greenstar Ri Volatile lockout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a new boiler fitted about 6 months ago. It seems to be working perfectly (lots of hot water, house warm as toast, comes on when I want it to), except when the heating has been on continously for about 3 hours or so I get this loud banging noise from the boiler. (Sounds like air in the system, but it definitly comes from the boiler not the pump nor the raidaitors) and the Blue light on the front starts flashing (manual defines this as a "volatile lockout".

I've tried bleeding the radiators but it doesn't seem to have made any difference. This only seems to happen when the heating has been running for some time.

After a few minutes the light stops flashing and the boiler comes on again. This cycle then repeats itself at 10-30 minute intervals.

:!: So is this something to worry about? And what is a "volatile lockout"?

Sponsored Links
Best to get the installer out. If you tinker with it, you may end up holding the baby.

At six months, maker's warrenty will be valid (unless there is a an installation problem)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back