No hot water from mixer tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have just fitted a second hand mixer tap in my kitchen as a temporary measure.

The problem is i am getting only a dribble of hot water through the hot side of the mixer tap (cold ok). I have put a new washer in but no difference. A friend told me to connect a hose pipe from an outside tap and blast it up the hot spout of the mixer, i did this but no difference.

Please could someone advise me what may be wrong, the Mrs will collar me if she has no hot water in the kitchen on Christmas day.

Help !!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I think the plumbers are doing their Christmas shopping ;)

They will need more info, boiler type, indirect cylinder etc.

Was there hot water before you have changed the mixer tap :?:

Any problem with others hot taps :?:
llahuts3791 said:
I have just fitted a second hand mixer tap in my kitchen as a temporary measure.
What was the reason for that :?:
The problem is i am getting only a dribble of hot water through the hot side of the mixer tap (cold ok). I have put a new washer in but no difference. A friend told me to connect a hose pipe from an outside tap and blast it up the hot spout of the mixer, i did this but no difference.
Okay, I take it you have a cylinder then :?: If so, how long did you blast the water for :?:

The hot is probably airlocked.

Put your hand over the spout where the water comes out, turn the hot on fully and then the cold.
Hold your hand on there for about 30 seconds roughly, the cold will flow up the hot pipe pushing out any air.

Make sure you apply enough pressure to the spout otherwise you will end up a tad wet ;)

I know you have already tried this but you might not have blasted the cold up the hot for long enough.

Lee-King said:
The hot is probably airlocked.

Put your hand over the spout where the water comes out, turn the hot on fully and then the cold.
Hold your hand on there for about 30 seconds roughly, the cold will flow up the hot pipe pushing out any air.

Make sure you apply enough pressure to the spout otherwise you will end up a tad wet ;)

I know you have already tried this but you might not have blasted the cold up the hot for long enough.

I have tried this until i am dripping wet through :D

I even drained all the hot water off and left all the hot taps on, turned on the cold water and then blasted it through the hot pipes until the water came of the upstairs bathroom taps. Let everything fill up and still only a dribble of water through the mixer tap again.

The system i have isn't a combi fed, i have hot water cylinders and tanks. What confuses me is the hot was working before i changed it, but it wouldn't stop dripping out of the spout.

HELP !! ............. The Mrs has threatened me with washing the Christmas pots in cold water!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back