Potterton Flamingo 50

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I am having this Potterton Flamingo 50 bolier which I believe about 20 years old
last time(This year) when I applied for Heating cover with British gas
Thier engineer came and after inspection told me that it's not in usable condition because the ventilation system is not correct and they will not cover and arranged another engineer visit to give a quotation for new boiler which is for about £3K

My questions are
1.Is anybody using the potterton flamingo 50 and what's the normal life term for it(is it 20 years over mean we need to change it)
2.what are the other best boiler in the market now (gas)?
3.Is combi boiler is which use the same water for heating and as well as in tap fro general purpose
4.Is it possible to change a new boiler under £1K (for boiler and labour it's all cost)

Sponsored Links
Under £1,000 what planet are you on? You should be paying more than that for just the boiler then flushing then renewing rad valves etc etc etc

Under £1,000 what planet are you on?
:eek:

I heared from somebody locally here that boiler can be bought for about £500 and then to replace the same for labour

OR I might heared partially the things

so how much will it be roughly for good boiler over all cost the cheapest

If its a potterton flamingo cf50 (ie open flued) then yes 20+ years old and a bit of a dinosaur.
1. I use a room sealed flamingo and its ok but a bit noisy....wouldn't use an open flued boiler though.
2. horses for courses, most would say worcester and vaillant have some of the most reliable in their range (and future proof for spares)
3.No but heats hot water on demand ie not stored....a big step backwards from a stored hot water system.
4. Possibly, if you do it yourself with a budget boiler.

Sponsored Links
If it is "open flame" the flames will be on the outside of the appliance :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

If its open flued it will have a big vent built into the top half of the white case of the boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back