Worcester 24i RSF Intermittent lighting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Worcester 24i RSF which is about 3 years old. From new there has been a problem in that the burners only light intermittently. This applies to both hot water and central heating. A Worcester engineer came about 5 months ago and replaced the fan and the air flow sensor.
This week I have again suffered from cold baths and showers. I am posting this message now because tonight the boiler continually refused to light or lit only for brief periods. We went for over an hour with no heating. I have telephoned Worcester who are going to send an engineer on Tuesday. However they say I must pay a fee of £185 unless the fan or the airflow senor is found to be faulty. I have the original items which someone else has since tested for me and these work fine so clearly they were not the source of the original fault.
When there is a demand the fan starts immediately but there is not always sparking from the electrodes. When running a bath or a shower the water may start of hot but part way through it runs cold. No matter what is tried – taps repeated turned on and off- electricity turned on and off- the boiler may not light for a considerable period of time. I must emphasise that this is an intermittent fault. For weeks or months everything is ok and then there will be a week or two of problems.
Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
I would expect that the problem is caused because the gas valve is not set up properly.

On other models it would be the above or the ignition pressure setting but I dont think there is any adjustment on your model.

Many of the staff engineers are just parts changers and not genuine boiler engineers with good diagnostic skills.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back