Filling deep holes

mo2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a lot of deep holes which I have been filling with decorators lightweight filler, I am having extreme difficulty getting the final layer to be perfectly smooth, and ideas?

my searching of this site tells me to get gyproc easy fill???? from b&q mix it, apply it and sand it. Will this give me a smooth finish, I have a sander that looks like this:

orbital-sander-s4931.jpg

would that improve the smoothness rather than using my hand to sand?

What is the best way to apply filler?

thanks everybody who helps

Sponsored Links
Im not keen on the lightweight stuff..it takes an absolute age to dry really hard...

And despite what they say...can shrink.

Personally i find its bette to build normal filler up in several layers

However, all this doesnt help your problem..you could overfil it with normal polyfilla, make sure you use a tool thats wifer than the hole itself by a couple of inches...that way youll be able to feather the edges off when you sand them..

Dont pile too much on...again like filling deep holes its far better to put a couple of thin layers on than one thick one.

Use 100 grade abrasive paper to rub down...wrapped around a sanding block.

hi, went to b&q , and i got ready mixed plaster. I used it to make the final layer perfectly smooth and the layers behind were the lightweight stuff. thanks for the help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back