Isolator valves for the kitchen sink?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am installing an insert sink and monobloc tap where there is presently a deck mixer tap.
The new tap is supplied with braided flexible hoses with 10mm threaded ends and converters to bring them up to 15mm.
I have 3 questions...

1) Is it advisable to fit isolator valves to both the hot and cold feeds to this new tap?

2) If so, what would be the best type of isolators to purchase and ...

3) How would they best be fitted?

All advice gratefully received...

Sponsored Links
the easiest & neatest are inline 15mm balafix valves but the bigest issue is what type of hot water system r u on .if low pressur tank fed umay have poor flow on the hot

Taps with 10mm threaded conns don't give great flow on low pressure HW anyway - so the valve won't make a lot of difference.
COmbi or high pressure means no problem - usually!

Thanx for the incredibly quick replies....

Unfortunately im on tank fed hot water.

I havent bought the tap yet, would I be significantly better off with 15mm feed all the way?

If thats the case im thinkin i wont be able to have a monobloc after all...

Sponsored Links
the tap ya lookin at may give a minimum presure rating as a lota imported taps need highpressure h & c to work ok . best have a look at Bristan & Deva as they will give u the info u require. if u measure the head you have from the tap to the cold water storage tank 1m will give u .1bar. modern looking monos quite often need .5 to 1bar . depends on what style ya afta U r beta with 15 copper tails though,but u can bend them gently to the side.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back