HW & HTG off - radiators hot & pump still running -

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please can someone advise me on this:-
The boiler continues to run and the radiators stay hot even with the heating and hotwater in the off position on the timer control - The only way I can stop the boiler and pump running is to switch off the mains switch. - The system has a 3 port motorised valve and Drayton flow share relay. Hot water cylinder, circulation pump and room thermostat are new. - The flowshare valve lever is very stiff to move (not sure if this is normal).
Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Sven

Sponsored Links
Ya - de boiler is a IDEAL freestanding under the counter jobby. - Please should the little lever sticking out the front of the motorised valve be easy to move? - My Swedish fingers are finding this quite a difficult task ( I am not having de frost bite yet)

Sponsored Links
You probably have one of these
304086.gif

and an RB1 or RB2 box.
It's v expensive for the actuator only, and the valve isn't available now, I believe.

Fit a modern valve complete, and rewire it.

Many thanks ChrisR for the advice - Please, why is the pump still running with the hot water and timer in off position on the timer control box?

Either the programmer is faulty, or, more likely, because (as the programmer doesn't directly control them) the stuff in between is faulty.
Test with a multimeter.

Look at the relay, you may see the contacts stuck in which case you can change it for a DPDT type of suitable rating.

Many thanks for your help - may your Abba records never scratch and your Volvo never falter !
Sven.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back