PowerMax 140 Locked out light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

The locked out light came on this morning and after running the usual processes which are stated on the sticker at the top it remains lit. The pressure is normal (about 1.5). Could anyone diagnose what the problem is and let me know if it is something I could fix easily myself?

Wishing you all a happy new year (mine would be better with heating and hot water)

Carl

Sponsored Links
If you have included a power down hard reset then my best guess at this time of day is a faulty PCB.

Tony

Agile said:
If you have included a power down hard reset then my best guess at this time of day is a faulty PCB.

Tony

More likely electrodes have opened up or Gas valve then maybe pcb :confused:

none of which you can check yourself :mad:

Surely the electrodes getting too wide would be a progressive erratic lockouts. Could be insulation breakdown though.

Only gas valve or PCB would give a sudden total failure.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Does the o/h stat activate the ignition lockout?

Tony

When I spoke to someone they said that something was probably furred up and needed cleaning. Does anyone know what this would be and would I be able to get to this myself?

I dont think your "someone" was CORGI registered or knew anything about boilers! Dont expect to find experts in the pub! They used to call them Barrack Room Lawers!

Better to take heed of what people who fix them are telling you.

Tony

Agile said:
Does the o/h stat activate the ignition lockout?

Tony

Yes it does Tony and the water pressure switch aswell, would imagine these to be faulty first if the boiler doesn't even make an attempt to ignite.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back