Wall Tiling For A Bedroom...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, how are well all.

Happy new year first of all to everyone.

I am looking for a bit of help and guidance really. I am in touch with my Spanish and Latino side ;) ;) ;) and basically i like the way their house are done with tiling on walls etc...

I want the lower half of my bedroom to be done in a stylish and nice-looking wall tile, a sort of dark terracotta colour would be good.

Has anyone got this in their bedroom and have any pointers, etc...? ? ?

Also, where is best to look for styles, tiles, etc... on the internet or in the shops.

Thanks again.

Gaz.

Sponsored Links
Work out how many square metres of wall area you want to cover, then add 10-15%.

Example:
Work out how much you want to spend in total, say £1000 for example. If your area is 25m + 10% = 27.5m
Take about £40 off the £1000 for grout, trims and spacers = £960
Now divide the two 960/27.5 = £34.90 per metre
Take off about £4 per metre for adhesive = £31.90 per metre to spend on tiles

Armed with this information, go and visit your local tile shops. Pick a tile you like and don't be bothered if the one you like works out a little more expensive. If there's one thing I know, is that tile shops are plentiful and are competitive - you can always haggle a bit (don't try this at Topps Tiles though ;) ) And if they want to offer you free adhesive, tell them you want a tub for every 4 metres of tiles (cause that's what you'll use).
Good luck.

Thanks mate i appreciate the reply.

I have got another idea other than tiles at the moment.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back