worcester heatslave flow switch problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just replaced the flowswitch on my heatslave 15/19 with the newer horizontal mounted type, the old one was the vertical mounted type slight modification of pipework required for those that are familiar with the older heatslaves. Problem is that when the cold tap on the sink is switched on you here the relay activating and burner lighting as if dhw is demanded.I assume this is because there is a mains pressure drop. What can I do about this? And before anyone asks the switch is the right way round and the arrow follows the direction of flow.

Sponsored Links
I will have to assume that this is the DHW flow demand switch.

Your problem particularly occurs when there is air in the DHW pipes. Perhaps this will clear in a few days if it originated from your work draining the pipes.

If not then a non return valve in the DHW outlet pipe after the boiler will probably solve the problem.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back