leaking trv

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
one of my bloomin trv is leaking. its actually on the main part of the valve that you see once you take the top portion of the control off as opposed to where the pipework goes in and out. Is there anyway to fix it or is it a case of a new one and drain down the system to do it? (its a combi system)

cheers

chaps

Sponsored Links
if i said some crap from screwfix that was el cheapo about 3 years ago would that a: help, or b: answer the question!

p.s. doesnt appear they sell them anymore either....wonder why :rolleyes:

That often happens when people use these cheap TRVs.

Thats why we only normally fit Drayton TRV4s!

Even the old Drayton TRV used to stick after a few years but we have not seen a single failure of the TRV4 model yet.

A few years ago there were some Biasi badged cheap TRvs being sold which were discontinued pretty soon because they leaked on the pin seal. Has anyone experience of these sticking down?

Tony

Sponsored Links
thinking about it quite a few of the other ones do stick as well. if ive got to do a drain down to change it i may as well change the rest of them. never done a drain down and refill on this system as we had a combi boiler put in 18 months ago (vokera). Is it as simple as switch off, open valves on rads and drain down. do work, and refill by opening the refill valve on the loop under the boiler?

If you pressurise to 1.7 bar and then isolate the heating system on the boiler valves then you should be able to continue to get hot water while you are working on the system.

If you depressurise the rads then you can probably change the valves without further draining if you dont mind spilling a few litres of water.

Tony

never been able to get the pressure above about 1.4! were on top of a hill

Thermo said:
if i said some rubbish from screwfix that was el cheapo about 3 years ago would that a: help, or b: answer the question!

p.s. doesnt appear they sell them anymore either....wonder why :rolleyes:

not worth messing about with mark bin it ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back