new programmer dies if try CH & HW at same time ???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
edited- I misread my instuctions for the new programmer!

I thought I should be removing the live link to the 'off' switch terminals that were existing on the backplate, but it said keep any links.

but I'm still confused as to why i shouild need a live link to both off switches?

Why would you ever need a live feed to switch something off in the 1st place?? (I understand electrics too (physics teacher!) but don't get this one...)

Anyone enlighten me? Ta.

Sponsored Links
Not too sure if I understand your problem, but I suspect you may have a 'Y' plan system which uses a 3 port mid position valve.
To use this valve there has to be three live outputs from the programmer.but not all at the same time
a: The CH switch (one way) to feed room stat.
b: the HW switch (two way) When ON one way feeds the cylinder stat but when OFF the power is sent to the grey wire of the valve.

The cylinder stat is also used in two way mode. When HW demanded power goes to to boiler/pump but when satisfied power diverted to grey wire of valve.
When HW is satisfied or not being demanded power is required to move valve from mid position to CH only position and it cannot be achieved without these.
Not sure if this relates to your problem.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back