Where can I get unusual sized HW Cylinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anybody know where I can get a 300mm Diameter indirect H.W. Cylinder, (or 350mm at a pinch). I have one to replace in a very narrow airing cupboard.

Alfredo

Sponsored Links
They are available as a "standard" model from most cylinder manufacturers but not always listed by merchants.

There is at least one cylinder manufacturer which will make "specials" at little more that the standard price.

I cannot remember which though but it may be the one in Birmingham. That can be quite useful when you want an extra heating coil for solar etc. That can be quite a lot cheaper than the "resellers" who seriously load the price for anything with the word solar in the title possibly because of the grant aid which is usually used.

Tony

Newark copper cylinders will make anything you need.

They're only 30 mins down the road from you.

Sponsored Links
Try asking a plumbers' merchant for a torpedo.

I had trouble explaining what I wanted at a plumbers' merchant when I tried to buy a cylinder that size a few years back, until I pointed to one in the back of their store shed. Then the guy behind the counter said "Oh - You want a torpedo! That's what we always call them - Why didn't you say so!"

http://www.lunns.net/ list both 300 and 350mm cylinders.

cor i love lunns use them all the time to get unusual bits they a great for that

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back