paint on plastice windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
could someone please advice me how to get this off, i have tried a scrapper but no joy
NEED HELP DOING MY HEAD IN :?:

Sponsored Links
gazamids said:
could someone please advice me how to get this off, i have tried a scrapper but no joy

dont ask in here mate they are all nutters :D go to P & D forum P M

poshman said:
gazamids said:

dont ask in here mate they are all nutters :D go to P & D forum P M
:LOL: :LOL:

What type of paint??? spots/masonry/gloss... if spottled.. try a sharp glass scaper with a stanley blade ...erm gently tho.... if masonry paint soak with a rag and hot water...

calm down .... :LOL:

i have already tried the glass scraper with stanley blade , i was being idol ,i never put masking tape round the glass part :(

Sponsored Links
I use 'brush cleaner' and it never fails, just put some on the paint, leave for a few mins till it soaks in, and wash off with an old scouring pad, or even scrape it off.
It works with all paint, I know its to clean brushes, but I have used it on loads of different things, and it definately gets the paint off, and wont harm the PVC. :D

spice said:
I use 'brush cleaner' and it never fails, just put some on the paint, leave for a few mins till it soaks in, and wash off with an old scouring pad, or even scrape it off.
It works with all paint, I know its to clean brushes, but I have used it on loads of different things, and it definately gets the paint off, and wont harm the PVC. :D

Scourer :eek: scrape it off :eek: :eek: wont harm the pvc :rolleyes:
Hmmmm try cleaning the pvc then looking as it and you will find small scratch marks that will eventually accumulate dirt and then discolour.

Just try a normal solvent product with a clean white cotton cloth, then wipe over, once done wash down with cold water.

Try really hot water...not boiling though..

Pour it onto a pad and hold it over the paint for a while

Just take out the window and put a new one in. it will be much quicker and look much nicer!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back