Cold towel warmer radiator - advice needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 2 radiators on the main floor that are on the same zone as my upstairs radiators. All but one are working fine, and that one is a towel warmer radiator in the bathroom. It is next in the loop to a radiator in the entry hallway, and that gets nice and hot, but the towel radiator, and both the supply and return pipes are stone cold. The plumber couldn't loosen the original bleeder valve, so he drilled a new one. When we bleed the radiator, there is no air, and eventually the water runs hot, and the radiator heats up. As soon as the bleeder is closed, the radiator cools. There are no other valves on this radiator. My plumber believes that the radiator is clogged, and insists that I have him replace it. After reading this forum, I don't think that is the solution. Could it be an air-lock on the return side, even though no air comes out of the bleeder valve. If the radiator were clogged, would hot water still be able to flow through?
This is a hot water condensing system that was just installed.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions or advice you may have.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back